Forest Breathing in the Dolomites At Rosa Alpina – Led By Ayurvedic Exponent Dr Suraj Dubey
In honour of World Wellness Weekend later this month, Rosa Alpina is launching Forest Breathing, led by Ayurvedic exponent Dr Suraj Dubey, from 22–23 September.
The healing ritual of Forest Breathing integrates the wisdom of Japanese traditional practices of ‘Shinrin-Yoku’, which means forest bathing, and the Yogic science of ‘Pranayama’ that applies breathing techniques to restore vital energy of life. This is designed to rejuvenate human senses and balance overall wellbeing in the surrounding nature.
Forest Breathing includes:
- a calm and conscious walk around the UNESCO World Heritage forests
- sensory connection to nature – sight, smell, sound
- grounding – connecting to the earth with barefoot / hands
- mindfulness, breathing and meditation
Forest Breathing is aimed at:
- improving physical, mental and emotional health
- boosting the immune system with “Phytoncides” – Natural Oils emitted by the trees
- lowering heart rate
- lowering blood pressure
- reducing stress hormones
- digital detox – escaping technology as phones and cameras are not allowed
The session lasts from 10am – 12pm and guests are advised not to wear perfume or smoke beforehand. Telephones and cameras or any other distractions are not permitted.